Your SEO optimized title

Important plan info

If you are a Teaching Assistant at Carleton University, you are entitled to benefits as part of your membership in the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 4600.

  • These benefits are in addition to those provided by the Graduate Students Association (GSA) or any other plan through another carrier. Your union benefits can be accessed regardless of what other coverage you may or may not have.
  • When submitting a claim, you will need to provide GSC with both your CAR + Student Number and CTA + Student number for us to be able to process your claim correctly.
  • If you want to sign up for direct deposit, you must go to plan member online and create an account under both your GSC ID numbers using different user names, one for each.
  • For your benefit details of your top-up TA plan please click here or contact customer service at 1.888.711.1119
  • For all your claiming needs, click here.
  • When claiming child care benefits, you must include the original paid receipt, confirmation from the University or Faculty supervisor on the hours worked and what you qualify for and whether there is any government subsidy.

Temporary blackout period

Are you a new health and dental plan member or new TA? You’re going to be in a temporary “blackout” (aka inactive) period from September 1, 2016 until later this fall, while GSC works with your student association to collect and update your information. Once complete, GSC can start processing claims. In the meantime, you can still submit claims for any health and dental services you incur during this period. We will hold and process the claim(s) as soon as your information is updated. Once the blackout period ends, we also encourage you to sign up for Plan Member Online Services and download the GSC on the Go™ app to access your new GSC ID card. All you need to register is your GSC ID number. Your GSC ID number is your student association’s three-letter code followed by your student number. Easy! Look for the code next to your student association’s name at the top of this page.

Opt in for family members

Want to add a family member to your health and dental benefits plan? Visit your student association office in person or click the 'Your student association' link below.

Opt out information

Have alternate coverage and want to opt-out of your student health and dental plan? Requests are accepted for a limited time only. Certain restrictions may apply – click the 'Opt Out' link below for more information.

Now available! Make claims and get your money back all online!

That’s right, now you can submit your claims for health and dental services online via Plan Member Online Services. And that’s not all – sign up for direct deposit on Online Services, and kiss waiting for cheques in the mail goodbye!