Need to submit a claim? Here's what you need to know
We believe using your benefits should feel like a benefit – not a hassle – so we’ve made it quick and easy to submit your claims.
You have four options:
We have an extensive network of health care professionals who invoice us directly. All you have to do is ask your health care professionals to submit your claims directly to GSC. Yes, it’s that easy!
To help you (and your health provider) take advantage of provider-submitted claims, we’ve put together this handy guide that you can print and take to your Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist, Chiropodist/Podiatrist, Counselor, Naturopath, Speech Therapist and/or Vision Services provider.
Some providers can't electronically submit claims, in which case you will need to pay them directly and submit the claim yourself.
Claim submission tips
You’ll need a claim form, a printer (to print the claim form), a pen (to fill in the claim form), a photocopier (to take a copy for your records), and a stamp to put on the envelope.
- Convenient, pre-filled and personalized claim forms are available via Plan Member Online Services. You really should register.
- Here are copies of the only two claim forms you really need:
*Use this form to submit claims for any prescription medications, medical items and services, chiropractor, massage therapy, vision, naturopath etc…
- Complete the claim form and sign in the appropriate spot. Remember to include your GSC ID number, or if the claim is for a dependent, include the dependent's ID number. Don't know your ID number or your dependent's ID number? Your unique GSC ID number is your student identification number preceded by your student association’s three-letter code. This three-letter code is displayed at the top of every page of this website and in your online booklet. Each GSC ID number ends with a dependent code:
- '-00' for you – the student/plan member
- '-01' for a spouse
- '-02', '-03', etc. for dependent children from oldest to youngest.
Here’s an example:
- Your school's three-letter code = ABC
- Your student ID number = 123456789
- Your dependent code = -00
For a printable version of your ID Card, click on the 'My ID Card' link below.
- Be sure to include your original receipts and remember to take a photocopy for your records.
- Double check that you’ve provided your full mailing address.
- Send the form to the GSC address indicated on the form. It must be received within 12 months from the service date.